Shawarma is a popular food item available in many parts of the world. It is a product which comes with a wrapping (roti / burrito etc) and a filling. Based on the filling and the method how the wrapping is prepared, the shawarma too have different variations. Today we are going to look at how to prepare chicken shawarma, at home kitchen.
Video Guide Below
- Boneless Chicken
- Red Chile Powder
- Turmeric Powder
- Cumming Seeds
- Fresh Lime / Lemon Juice
- Baking Powder
- Coconut Oil / Olive Oil
- Warm Water
Marinating The Chicken
- Crush Cinnamon and Cumin Seeds using a pestle and mortar
- Put boneless chicken into a bowl and add Crushed Cinnamon, Crushed Cumin Seeds, Chile powder, Pepper, Turmeric Powder and Salt.
- Mix the ingredients properly.
- Add fresh lime juice and mix well.
- Place the chicken in a refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
Preparing the Wrapping / Rotti
- Put Flour Into a bowl
- Add Baking Powder, Salt, Coconut Oil or Olive Oil, and Mix Well.
- Add Warm Water and mix until it becomes a dough.
- Once the dough is prepared, close the lid of the bowl with a wet cloth and keep it aside for about 30 Minutes.
- After 30 Mins, take the dough and make small sheets / rotti / wrapping using a rolling pin.
- Apply oil to a pan and cook these wrappers / rotties on both sides
Preparing the mixture for Shawarma Filling
- Take the marinated chicken and fry / bake them using an air fryer / oven or a pan
- Chop the Tomato, Cabbage and Cucumber into small pieces
- Place them into a bowl
- Add Salt, Pepper, and Lime Juice
- Mix it properly
- Apply mayonnaise
- Mix well.
Preparing the Shawarma
- Take One rotti, and apply Mayonnaise on it
- Place the shawarma filling mixture on it
- Place the fried / backed chicken on it
- Roll the rotti / wrapping and close the end using tooth picks
Shawarma is ready to be served.